Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sonoita Highway near Mexico Border

Desert Paradise by Sandra Lee John
ACEO - Acrylic on Canvas
Sandra's painting is a beautiful view from just North of the Mexico border in Sonoita Arizona.  It's beautiful down there.  My friends have a ranch there and we stayed once.  Beautiful but with Border Patrol going by 20 times a day (or night) it's a little unnerving.  They say you get used to it.  I say if anyone drove past my ranch house 20 times a day I'd be annoyed!  

Anyway, Sandra's painting also introduces (to this web site) the ACEO (Art Cards Editions and Originals) something I have thousands of.  These are simply miniature paintings in the exact size of 2.5 x 3.5 (just like a baseball card) that began as "artist calling cards" or small original works of art that can be framed, carried, shared, or booked (I have large binders of them ;) in a collection.  Some day I'll share my ACEO's and it might be fun for the artists who play here, to some day have a Trade In . . but I'm a little busy for that right now.  But it's on a list !  Thanks again Sandra for opening up a great topic and finding a classic Arizona view to share with us.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Greaat blog post